Thursday, April 24, 2014

My take on Pasta Carbonara

Picture
For this I used beef tortellini and due to the price difference between mascarpone cheese and ricotta I decided to try it with ricotta. It wasn't bad but this is better with mascarpone cheese by far. Also I have tried this both pancetta and regular bacon and prefer regular bacon by far.

My take on Pasta Carbonara

serves 6-8

Ingredients:


1 large package beef tortellini
500g container mascarpone cheese
1/2 cup parmesan cheese, shredded or petals
4 egg yollks
1 cup frozen peas
salt and pepper to taste
7 slices bacon, sliced small
130g prosciutto, sliced small


Preparation:

Cook bacon and prosciutto while pasta is cooking. While those are cooking, combine remaining ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Once pasta is done strain out water (without rinsing pasta) and place back into the pot.
Add cheese, egg, and pea mixture stir well. Add bacon and prosciutto at the end and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment