Thursday, April 24, 2014

Apple Crisp

One night I had a craving for apple crisp, but seeing how I can no longer make it with all the brown sugar that I used to use, I had to think of a different way to make it. I figured that the organic coconut sugar I have would make a decent substitute.

Apple Crisp

This recipe is for 2 small ramekins.

Ingredients:

1 large apple peeled, cored, and sliced into each ramekin with 1 tsp of cinnamon

Topping:

1/2 cup rolled oats
1/8 cup coconut sugar
1/8 cup sliced almonds
1 tsp chia seeds
1 tbsp cinnamon
1/4 cup butter cut into small cubes
 
Preparation:

Combine all topping ingredients and put half on top of the apples on each ramekin.


Bake at 375 degrees F for 20-25 minutes.

Picture
This is what they looked like before baking.

Picture This is what they looked like after baking. This would have been really good with some whipped cream, but I did not have any at the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment