Thursday, April 24, 2014

Egg-less Chocolate Pudding (Cinnamon and Regular)

My husband accidentally bought a cooked jello chocolate pudding and kept wanting me to make that for him. I can't eat the boxed ones so I made my own so that I could eat some. This pudding is rich, chocolatey, and has a good amount of cinnamon. This is quickly becoming a staple dessert recipe in my house.

Egg-less Cinnamon Chocolate Pudding

Yield: 2 bowls pictured above, approx 4 servings

Ingredients:

1/2 cup coconut sugar
2 3/4 cup milk
5 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
2 tsp cinnamon NOTE this is a strong cinnamon flavour, for a hint, use 1 tsp
1/4 cup cornstarch
1/2 tsp salt

2 tbsp butter, room temperature
2 tsp vanilla

Preparation:

Combine coconut sugar, cocoa powder, salt, cinnamon, milk, and cornstarch in a pot and whisk together. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly as it thickens. Remove from heat and add butter and vanilla. Pour into bowls and chill or eat warm (my husband wanted the pudding immediately so he ate it warm).
For Regular Chocolate Pudding:

Remove the cinnamon
Increase vanilla to 2 tbsp


No comments:

Post a Comment