Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Apple Pie (prepared with low glycemic sugars)

Well once again have stuff that needs to be used, and at this point in time it is a couple sections of pie dough that I put in the freezer last summer sometime. That led to wanting some apple pie, and in the end this recipe. If you want the pie sweet rather than slightly on the tart side, increase the agave to at least 1/2 a cup.

Other than this I have been really busy with studying (have a chemistry midterm tomorrow), and playing Diablo 3. Thursday marks the end of the 2 year anniversary loot buff for the game granting a 100% increase to legendary drops. Taking advantage of this, I finished the last tiny bit of act v on my demon hunter and with the help of my husband and a couple of our good friends, we have been playing torment 1 and 2 adventure mode, collecting all sorts of stuff while having fun. When I have been playing alone I have been leveling a little barbarian to finally have a toon that does not require kiting, and better yet I am leveling her on torment 2.

Well back to the pie recipe, enjoy!



Apple Pie

Ingredients:

Enough pie crust for 1 pie, use your choice of crust. For this I used prepared Tenderflake that has been in the freezer for sometime.

1/3 cup agave syrup
2 tbsp cornstarch
1 tbsp cinnamon
2 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp allspice
8 granny smith apples, peeled, cored, and sliced.

Preparation:

Preheat the oven to 380 degrees F.

Roll out the pie crust to fit a standard pie pan, approximately 1/8th of an inch thick. Place the pie crust in the pie pan.

Place all ingredients in a bowl, mix well, and pour into the pie pan. Cover the top of the pie in any way you desire. I got lazy as can be seen in the picture.

Bake the pie for 1 hour. Cool and serve.




No comments:

Post a Comment