Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Husbands Birthday Cake

Well it has been a while since I last posted anything. Things have gotten worse around here injury wise so I have not been doing much of anything after making my husbands birthday cake. It did not turn out how I had planned for it to, seeing how the fondant failed me, but I got it finished (just barely!) in buttercream. Hope you like it, I have recipes that I used posted as well.

The worst part was I had the fondant on, but being a perfectionist I was not happy with how it looked. So I removed all the fondant and used what I had left to try again. Every time I was trying to place the fondant on it would tear, and when you have carpal tunnel working with fondant is very, very painful (never mind rolling it out by hand 5 times).

I'm not all the happy with how this turned out, but at least it tasted good and my husband was happy with it. The next big cake project is my moms birthday cake, and that one will look better.

The top half was a Black Forest Cake.



The bottom half was Chocolate Cake with a Maple Swiss Meringue Buttercream








Here is the image that I used when decorating this cake.

This is what my dad built so that the cake would be stable and I wouldn't have the same issues that were seen on one episode of the Big Bang Theory.

No comments:

Post a Comment