Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Basic Buttermilk Pancakes

While I was house sitting I wanted pancakes, and my husband was heading out to visit me and he also wanted some pancakes. Being there I didn't have access to protein powder or almond milk milk. Therefore neither of those ingredients are in this recipe for Basic Buttermilk Pancakes.

Enjoy!



Basic Buttermilk Pancakes

Ingredients: 

2 3/4 cups all purpose flour
3 tbsp coconut sugar
2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
2 3/4 cup light buttermilk
3 egg whites
1/3 cup butter, melted
1 tsp pure vanilla extract

Preparation:

If using a griddle, preheat the griddle to 350 degrees F.

Whip egg whites until frothy. Add coconut sugar and vanilla. Combine dry ingredients and add to the egg white mixture. Add the milk and melted butter. Mix everything well so that you have a smooth batter, but do not over mix so that the pancakes become tough.

No comments:

Post a Comment